From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>

metadata_wq serves on-stack work items from chunk_io().  Even if
multiple chunk_io() are simultaneously in progress, each is
independent and queued only once, so multithreaded workqueue can be
safely used.

Switch metadata_wq to multithread and flush the work item instead of
the workqueue in chunk_io().

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Mike Snitzer <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Alasdair G Kergon <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/md/dm-snap-persistent.c |    4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

Index: linux-2.6.37/drivers/md/dm-snap-persistent.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.37.orig/drivers/md/dm-snap-persistent.c
+++ linux-2.6.37/drivers/md/dm-snap-persistent.c
@@ -256,7 +256,7 @@ static int chunk_io(struct pstore *ps, v
 	 */
 	INIT_WORK_ONSTACK(&req.work, do_metadata);
 	queue_work(ps->metadata_wq, &req.work);
-	flush_workqueue(ps->metadata_wq);
+	flush_work(&req.work);
 
 	return req.result;
 }
@@ -818,7 +818,7 @@ static int persistent_ctr(struct dm_exce
 	atomic_set(&ps->pending_count, 0);
 	ps->callbacks = NULL;
 
-	ps->metadata_wq = alloc_ordered_workqueue("ksnaphd", WQ_MEM_RECLAIM);
+	ps->metadata_wq = alloc_workqueue("ksnaphd", WQ_MEM_RECLAIM, 0);
 	if (!ps->metadata_wq) {
 		kfree(ps);
 		DMERR("couldn't start header metadata update thread");